Computer Science Department,
Indiana University Bloomington,
Luddy Hall, RM 3044,
700 North Woodlawn Avenue,
Bloomington, IN 47408-3901, USA
Before joining IU, I spent a couple of great years at Theory Group, IBM Almaden Research Center,
and Center for Massive Data Algorithmics, Aarhus University.
I obtained my PhD at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, HKUST.
[Home] [Publication] [Activities]
- Collaborative Learning with Limited Interaction: Tight Bounds for Distributed Exploration in Multi-Armed Bandits
At SUFE, Shanghai, China. May 2019.
- Similarity Joins on Sequence Data
At Biostatistics Colloquium, IUPUI, Indianapolis, IN, USA. April 2019.
- Communication-Efficient Computation on Distributed Data: Theory and Practice
At CS Colloquium, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA. January 2019.
And at CS Colloquium, Purdue Univeristy, West Lafayette, IN, USA. February 2019.
And at CSE, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA. February 2019.
And at CS Colloquium, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA. April 2019.
- Distributed Statistical Estimation of Matrix Products with Applications
At PODS 18 , Houston. June 2018.
And at Workshop on Interactive Complexity , Simons Institute, Berkeley CA, October 2018.
And at Nanjing University , Nanjing, China. December 2018.
- Distributed Partial Clustering
At HKUST , Hong Kong. June 2017.
And at SPAA 17, Washington D.C., July 2017.
And at UIUC 17, Urbana-Champaign, IL, October 2017.
- Efficient Algorithms for Streaming Datasets with Near-Duplicates
At Theory and Applications of Hashing , Dagstuhl Seminar, Germany. May 2017.
- Some New Questions in Communication Complexity
At Communication Complexity and Applications, II , Banff, Alberta, Canada. March 2017.
- The Communication Complexity of Distributed Set-Joins
At CS Colloquium, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA. November 2016.
- Communication Complexity for Distributed Graphs.
At ADGA: Workshop on Advances in Distributed Graph Algorithms, Paris, France. September 2016.
- Edit Distance: Sketching, Streaming and Document Exchange
At Aarhus University , Aarhus, Denmark. September 2016.
And at FOCS 16, New Brunswick, NJ, U.S.A., October, 2016.
And at SUFE, Shanghai, China. June 2017.
And at NII Shonan Meeting on Processing Big Data Streams, Shonan Village, Japan. June 2017.
- Lower Bound Techniques for Multiparty Communication Complexity
At Nexus of Information and Computation Theories , Paris, France. February 2016.
- Streaming Algorithms for Robust Distinct Elements
At Workshop on Multi-dimensional Proximity Problems, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA. January 2016.
- Communication-Efficient Computation on Distributed Noisy Datasets.
At SPAA 15, Portland, OR, USA. June, 2015
And at Sublinear AlgorithmsWorkshop, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA. January 2016.
- Computational Models for Big Data.
At Statistics Colloquium, IU, IN, USA. April, 2015
- A Sketching Algorithm for Spectral Graph Sparsification.
At NII Shonan Meeting on Algorithms for Large Scale Graphs, Shonan Village, Japan. October, 2014
- New Directions in Distributed Monitoring.
At Bertinoro Workshop on Sublinear Algorithms, Bertinoro, Italy. May, 2014
- An Optimal Lower Bound for Distinct Elements in the Message Passing Model.
At SODA 14, Portland, OR, USA. January, 2014.
- Subspace Embeddings and Lp Regression Using Exponential Random Variables.
At COLT 13, Princeton, NJ, USA. June, 2013.
And at Univ. of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA. January, 2014
- Multiparty Communication Complexity in the Message-Passing Model.
At Stanford Univ., CA, USA. April, 2013.
And at Workshop on Theoretical Aspects of Big Data, Hong Kong. July, 2013.
And at Purdue Univ., West Lafayette, IN, USA. Oct. 2013
- Rademacher Embedding, with application to Earth-Mover Distance.
At Workshop on Algorithms for Data Streams. Dortmund, Germany. July, 2012.
Also at IIIS, Tsinghua University,
Beijing, China. January, 2012.
- Tight Bounds for Distributed Functional Monitoring.
At NII Shonan Meeting on Large-scale Distributed Computation. Shonan Village, Japan. January, 2012.
Also at STOC 12, New York, NY, USA.
And at HKUST, Hong Kong. August, 2012.
- Sorting, Searching and Simulation in the MapReduce Framework.
Beijing, China. January, 2012.
- Taming the Data Deluge
At Fudan University,
Shanghai, China, September 2012.
Also at SJTU, Shanghai, China. September, 2012.
- Distributed Streaming.
At IT Univeristy of Copenhagen,
Copenhagen, Denmark. December, 2011.
Also at SJTU, Shanghai, China. January, 2012.
- Lower Bounds for Number-in-Hand Multiparty Communication Complexity.
At Workshop: Synergies in Lower Bounds,
Aarhus, Denmark. June, 2011.
Also at LIAFA, Paris, France. October, 2011.
SODA 12, Kyoto, Japan. January, 2012.
- Optimal Sampling from Distributed Streams.
At Microsoft Research Asia,
Beijing, China. September, 2010.
- External Memory Data Structures with o(1)-I/O Updates.
At China Theory Week,
Tsinghua Univ., Beijing, China. September, 2010.
- Clustering with Diversity.
At Univ. of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China.
Also at SJTU, Shanghai, China. July, 2010.
- On the Cell Probe Complexity of Dynamic Membership.
At SODA 10, Austin, TX, USA.
Also at Fudan Univ., Shanghai, China.
- Dynamic External Hashing: The Limit of Buffering.
At SPAA 09, Calgary, Canada.
Also at AAAC 09, Hangzhou, China. April, 2009.
- Dynamic Dictionary and Membership.
At Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing, China.
- Optimal Tracking of Distributed Heavy Hitters and Quantiles.
At PODS 09, Providence, RI, USA.
- Multi-Dimensional Online Tracking.
At SODA 09, New York, USA. January, 2009.
- Finding Frequent Items in Probabilistic Data.
At SIGMOD 08, Vancouver, Canada. June
- Shannon Coding for the Discrete Noiseless Channel and Related Problems.
At AAAC 08,
Hong Kong, China. April, 2008.
- The Art of Metric Embeddings.
At Univ. of Leicester,
UK. August, 2007.