Below is a collection of interesting readings relevent to this
course. These are not required readings unless I assign them.
- J.H. Saltzer, D.P. Reed, and D.D. Clark,
Arguments in System Design, ACM Transactions on Computer Systems
2.4, pp. 277-288.
- Jerome H. Saltzer and Michael D. Schroeder, The Protection of Information in Computer Systems, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, Mass. USA 1975
- SP 800-57 Part 1, Recommendation for Key Management - Part 1: General (Revised) contains general guidance and has been updated (March 2007), NIST
- M. Abadi and R. Needham. Prudent Engineering Practice for Cryptographic Protocols,
IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. January 1996 (Vol. 22, No. 1)
- K. Thompson. Reflections on Trusting Trust. Communication of the ACM, Vol. 27, No. 8, August 1984, pp. 761-763.
- E. Spafford. "The Internet Worm: Crisis and Aftermath," Communications of the ACM 32: 678-687, 1989.
- Inferring Internet Denial-of-Service Activity
David Moore, CAIDA; Geoffrey M. Voelker and Stefan Savage, University of California, San Diego. USENIX Security 2001.
- Nikita Borisov, Ian Goldberg, David Wagner, Intercepting Mobile Communications: The Insecurity of 802.11, MOBICOM, July 2001.
- "Tor: The Second-Generation Onion Router," Roger Dingledine and Nick Mathewson, Paul Syverson, USENIX Sec 2004.