GAVIN HENRY LEWIS
(812) 803-5278 • email@example.com
Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana [May 2023]
Master of Science in Computer Science GPA - 3.9/4.0
Relevant Coursework: Applied Algorithms, Elements of Artificial Intelligence, Applied Machine Learning, Data Mining,
Computer Vision, Advanced Operating Systems
University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India [October 2020]
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering GPA - 9.58/10.0
Libraries & Frameworks: Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, NumPy, TensorFlow, Sklearn, NLTK, NodeJS, CERN Root
Tools and Analytics: Vivado, Docker, Git, Tableau, Jupyter Notebook, Anaconda, Nikto, Nessus
Cloud and Database: Google Cloud Platform, AWS, MySQL, MongoDB, BigQuery
Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana, USA [August 2021 – Present]
Associate Instructor, Informatics Capstone Project
· Planned and organized coursework for the course to teach students back-end web development.
· Mentored 4 project teams for the web development projects.
· Promoted the use of agile methodologies and best project development practices. Conducted bi-weekly sprint meetings and evaluated the project progress of the teams.
· Conducted Office hours and responsible for conducting discussion sessions with the teams.
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai, India [July 2019 - May 2021]
Research Intern, Department of High Energy Physics
· Designed a high precision Time to Digital Converter (TDC) with resolution of ~19 pico-seconds using Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
· Reduced transmission error by 12% by implementing FIFO queue with Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter.
· Developed a test bench to validate the design and tested the system with external inputs using Function Generator.
· Performed outlier detection, analysis and visualization of data using CERN Root package.
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Mumbai, India [December 2018 - January 2019]
Project Intern - IS Network and Security
· Identified and analyzed various threats and vulnerable devices on BPCL servers and network using Nessus tool.
· Worked on setting up of Honeypot to detect malicious network discovery scripts running on compromised systems and generated a threat assessment report.
Chess-Like Game / AI Player [October 2021- November 2021]
· Designed a Chess like board game that uses Decision Trees with Alpha/Beta Pruning (Minimax) to find the optimal decision move.
· The AI player designed was in the top 1 percentile of the AI players designed for the class.
Home Credit Default Risk Detection [October 2021- December 2021]
· Designed a classifier to predict the capability of a person to repay the loan based on the Kaggle Competition.
· Compared models such as Logistic regression, XGBoost, Random Forest and MLP, of which XGBoost cross-validation performed best.
Malware Family Classification [January 2019 - April 2019]
· Designed a malware family classifier based on image characteristics of malware.
· Developed models with 18.81 GB of train data in Microsoft Malware Classification (BIG 2015) on Kaggle using CNN and a model with the ‘Malimg’ dataset using KNN.
Student Portal (sp.fcrit.ac.in) [June 2018 - August 2018]
· Deployed a sub-portal for college website to view results of students after logging into the portal.
· Created admin side pages to manage users, record attendance and improved access control.
· Advanced Matlab for Scientific Computing (Accomplished with Distinction) [Stanford Online- Lagunita]
· Blockchain Architecture Design and Use Cases [NPTEL - IIT Kharagpur and IBM]